Tuesday, June 26, 2012

If Life Had an Undo Button...


DEFINITIONS:
Undo is a command in many computer programs.
 It erases the last change done to the document reverting it to an older state.

Life is a gift that one receives from God(Nature) without making any efforts for it. 
PS: Hence majority of us take it for granted.

Since I've introduced both the main aspects of the title, I guess its the right time to start.







We are living in that age of the world which is totally dominated by TTs . Either technology's T or terrorism's T. No matter how hard you try, you will always go round and round in this square of T.
We are so used to these two Ts that wherever we are we find both of them. Technology is in everyone and terrorism is in some of us(even if we have we don't portray it openly, we dream about killing someone,robbing a bank or something or the other. We stay happy in our imaginations and carry on with our lives.  Those who take it seriously get famous world wide and finally Enjoy five-star treatment First in the Bars and gradually Behind them).
Most of us have succeeded to get over the second T. But all of us are addicted to the First one (there are many people who say they are not by just not using a cell-phone or any electronic gadget, but I'd like to tell them that the pen which they are using is a part of mechanical and fluid technology, the glasses they are wearing is again a technology and the list goes on and on. ) So basically if You are alive now, you can't escape technology.(for that matter Even after you die today ,your body will be put in a furnace, which again is a part of Technology.)

Today even a 5 year old has a Facebook account and he wishes to have likes on his picture with a caption "My first Day to School."

Being a part of the same world, even I use a phone, a tab, a laptop, an i-pod etc. We find an Undo button in almost every program. If not that there are two buttons on our key-board which are totally dedicated towards correcting our mistakes.

Almost every day there is a pop up in my brain "what If I had a button to undo this or undo that. Or at least a rewind button which takes life just a minute back so that I can change this"(I'd still have my laptop with me).
I am not the only one who thinks so. I know each and every person on this planet thinks about this. How am I so sure???  Why would we tolerate 6 Films every year with The word time machine in it?? Recent Example  Man in Black.

So since we have an Undo Button everywhere on every gadget we use, we are used to make mistakes and erasing them using it. Why there can't be an undo button for or actual personal and professional life. Why is it that once we make a mistake, we have to either pay for it (in the form of punishment or cash) or we try and mend it. But even after correcting it the impact caused by its previous version never fades completely.

If life had an Undo Button books like " 3 Mistakes of my Life" had never been written. Or for that matter no book had been written. Because Mistakes create Situations and twists and that is what is compulsory to form a story. If there is no story there is no book there is no cinema. So books and cinema are out. 

Every teacher has a common dialogue " Learn from your mistakes." They always taught us this since grade One.
The scope of learning from our mistakes would vanish. We would get habituated to make mistakes because we know we have an  Undo button. We'll take our life lightly then because we wont be scared of making mistakes, which would be a disaster in the making.
Errors and mistakes are the first step towards great inspirations. So there wont be any great men any more.

Like every coin even this has two phases. There are many times I think life should have an Undo button, because great losses are a result of carelessness of just a moment or a fraction of a second. Sometimes its just the weakness of mind which takes us to a wrong direction and hence we commit Mistakes which can't be repaired ever.

Even I have learnt from those mistakes and have come up as a person that I am now.  

Better we don't have an Undo button or may be we should have it.
Lets toss the same coin and decide.  


Image Source : Google (Internet)

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. I often wish that I could undo something that I said, did, wrote etc. but the fact is that a magical undo button does not exist and the torture of wondering how much better my life could be if I hadn't done this or that is unbearable. Recently I did something that I wish so badly I hadn't done and just thinking about an undo button makes me long for it so very much. Great article.

    ReplyDelete